GOAL is projecting the $58 million dollar cap may be reached as early as March 2014! Because of the higher contribution limits for owners of pass-through entities, combined with the growing popularity of this program, we invite you to "get in line" now for a 2014 tax credit. See "How do I participate?" below to get started.
What is GOAL & How It Helps Mount Pisgah Christian School
A 2008 law allows individuals and corporations to receive a Georgia income tax credit (and federal income tax deduction) for redirecting their state income tax payments to the Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program. GOAL uses these contributions to provide private school scholarships to students who are eligible to enroll in pre-K4, kindergarten, or first grade or who are transferring from a Georgia public school. GOAL FAQs.
How this helps you, the school, and the children.
You are already paying income taxes - why not direct those funds to provide Georgia children with Greater Opportunities for Access to Learning (GOAL). When you redirect your Georgia income taxes to GOAL, you can designate that the contribution be used to provide financial aid or scholarships. Thus, MPCS is able to:
- increase the financial aid that is offered to new students,
- increase school enrollment, and
- increase the funds available to improve educational offerings.
What is the maximum amount I can contribute?
- Single individual or head of household - up to $1,000
- Married couple filing joint return - up to $2,500
- Married couple filing separate return - up to $1,250
- C Corporation - 75% of Georgia income tax liability
- S Corporation shareholder, LLC member, or partnership partner - now up to $10,000 (New for 2014)
To summarize, we all have an opportunity to redirect a portion of our Georgia State Tax dollars, (money we are already paying), to Mount Pisgah Christian School. Let's tell our government what to do with our tax money!
How do I participate?
Complete GOAL'S Online Paperless Process
or mail or bring the following to MPCS, (see address information below)
- Completed GOAL Contribution Form
- Check made payable to "Georgia Goal Scholarship Program" in the amount of your contribution or provide credit card information, (the check will only be deposited or your credit card charged once GOAL receives your approval letter from the DOR.)
- GOAL will send you the required paperwork to claim the credit on your tax return.
Mount Pisgah Christian School
Office of Advancement
9820 Nesbit Ferry Road
Johns Creek, GA 30022