John D. Marshall, Pisgah Head of School
College Prep. Life Ready.
It's a short and simple phrase - loaded with meaning and purpose. A college-preparatory education can take students anywhere, but will they be ready for the challenges that life presents along the way? Mount Pisgah Christian School is committed to ensuring students have the skills necessary to succeed in college, and even more importantly, in life. Our college-preparatory mission is easily demonstrated, as 90% of graduates are accepted to their first-choice college. But how do you measure the success of a program designed to ready students for life? We call it the “Pisgah Experience” and you'll find examples of our engaging, hands-on approach to developing young people throughout this website:
- Real-life math applications taught in the Lower School Culinary Lab
- Appreciation for freedom, history and heritage fostered in the American History Museum
- Personal faith strengthened during sharing time at the annual spiritual retreat for middle and upper school students in the North Georgia mountains
- Unique gifts and talents discovered by students during their LifeReady Advisory sessions with faculty mentors and peer leaders
- Art and cultural appreciation gained during the junior minimester trip to Italy
- Character shaped as a result of coaches dedicated to the development of the entire student-athlete: mind, body, and spirit
- Volunteer spirit nurtured on the mission trip to an orphanage in Kenya
- Confidence gained while expressing individual talent and creativity in a full-scale musical production
These experiences strengthen and reinforce the lessons taught in the classroom and at home. Ultimately, Pisgah students enjoy an extraordinary environment for learning. They partner with teachers to discover their talents, gain knowledge and skills, and pursue dreams.
I encourage you to come visit us in Johns Creek and meet our faculty, staff and students. I look forward to seeing you on campus.
John D. Marshall
Head of School